Very collectable Carimate chairs, by the Architect Vico Magistretti, the master of modern Italian design, held in Museums such as the De Padova. They are known as the Carimate chair (or model #892, armless version) as in 1959 the design was used as part of the furnishings for a golf club in Carimate, Lombardy. In 1962 Cassina began producing the chairs to the wider market. This design was first imported into Britain by Terence Conran around 1962 and sold through his store ‘Habitat’.
Two chairs in natural beech, one red and another red which has been overpainted in green. There is some fraying to the rush seats (see photos).